- About Us
- Make an Announcement
- Special Sections
- Bridal Showcase
- Conservation Section
- Tri-County Spring Farm Edition
- Senior Living
- Spring Home & Garden Edition
- Summer Recreation Guide
- Health & Wellness Edition
- Antiques Directory
- Tri-County Fall Farm Edition
- Annual Restaurant Guide
- Fall Home Improvement Edition
- Fall Car Care Edition
- Holiday Shopping Preview
Taste of Roanoke is Saturday on Main Street
Thursday, August 13, 2009 8:03 AM
The Roanoke Chamber of Commerce is sponsoring its 16th annual Taste of Roanoke on Saturday, Aug. 15, on Main Street in Roanoke.
The Taste of Roanoke will be held from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. and will feature some of the local restaurants, non-profit organizations and civic groups along with live entertainment by the Conglomernotes. This 17-piece orchestra plays big band music that will entertain diners outside on the street. Room on the street will also be available for dancing.
Among the food items on the "menu" for the Taste of Roanoke are:
• Barbecued ribs and chicken from the Roanoke Village Inn.
• Breaded pork tenderloin sandwiches from Nick's Junction.
• Choice of savory or dessert crepe from La Dolce Vita.
• Two types of gumbo, Kobe beef hamburgers and barbecued Kobe beef sandwiches from Joseph Decuis.
• Coffee and coffee drinks from Friendly Grounds Coffee.
• Soft serve ice cream from Roanoke Kiwanis.
• Sloppy Joe sandwiches and hot dogs from Christ's United Methodist Church.
• Grilled whole hog sandwiches from the Roanoke Lions Club.
• Root beer floats from Pleasant Chapel United Methodist Church.
• Fruit smoothies from Cornerstone Alliance Church.
• Bottled water, watermelon slices and cake from the Roanoke Chamber of Commerce.
Proceeds from the event go to the Roanoke Chamber of Commerce scholarship fund as well as the different non-profit groups participating in the event. Tables and chairs will be set up in the street along with all the vendors right on Main Street to give the event a "block party" neighborhood atmosphere.