Norwood Health and Rehabilitation Center will host "Dog Days of Summer" on Aug. 16, from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Dog owners are invited to bring their pets out to participate in the activities that will be offered.
Musical entertainment will be provided by Abner from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. A parade and "People's Choice" contest will be held at 6 p.m.
Free hot dogs and drinks will be served from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. During that time, attendees can register for the parade. Other booths include a treat store, the Humane Shelter and Canine Companion.
Donations will also be accepted for the Huntington County Humane Shelter.
General rules for the event include:
• Dogs must remain on leash at all times.
• No leashes longer than six feet.
• Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets.
• All dogs must be current on shots.
• Norwood is not responsible for dogs with bad behavior.
For more information, call 356-1252.
Norwood Health and Rehabilitation Center is located at 3720 N. Norwood Rd., Huntington.