Markle may soon see a Sure-Trac logo on the side of its newest water tower.
The business, part of Novae Corporation, proposed the long-term advertisement at the Markle Town Council meeting on Wednesday, Aug. 15.
According to the proposal, the Sure-Trac logo would be painted on the side of the tower - an advertisement that will ultimately add a $300 monthly income to the Town of Markle.
Sure-Trac's proposal also included a request to install lighting at the tower to allow the advertisement to be seen 24 hours a day. Sure-Trac would pay for the equipment, installation and upkeep of the lights.
Also, the business would pay for any maintenance needed on their advertisement, in order to keep the tower from deteriorating.
The proposal was taken under advisement, and will be revisited during a to be announced special meeting of council.
In other business:
• The 2013 budget was estimated at $1,704,625, and will be passed next month after a final reading.
• The town appointed Mike Grant to the position of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Coordinator.
• An ordinance that amends the existing illegal dumping ordinance was passed. The ordinance states that "only individual town residents for their personal use, and not for any business or commercial deposit or use" are allowed to dump or deposit at "a designated area located on Scott Street." The ordinance states, "limited placement or deposit of grass clippings, leaves and other plant material is allowed.
• The council stated a sign would be placed at the Scott Street dumping location, which will warn illegal dumpers of a $50 fee for violating the ordinance.
• A new tornado siren will be installed near the new water tower, and the council voted by consensus to approve a bid from Integrity Communications, of Fort Wayne, to install the device.