- About Us
- Make an Announcement
- Special Sections
- Bridal Showcase
- Conservation Section
- Tri-County Spring Farm Edition
- Senior Living
- Spring Home & Garden Edition
- Summer Recreation Guide
- Health & Wellness Edition
- Antiques Directory
- Tri-County Fall Farm Edition
- Annual Restaurant Guide
- Fall Home Improvement Edition
- Fall Car Care Edition
- Holiday Shopping Preview
1st Source Bank provides grant for finance workshops
Thursday, September 20, 2012 8:04 AM
Pathfinder Community Connections, the Community Development division of Pathfinder Services, received a $20,000 grant from 1st Source Bank to be used for its Financial Fitness program.
The grant allows for Pathfinder Community Connections to continue offering financial fitness workshops, which work with potential homeowners on the following topics:
• Financial planning in easy steps by discussing: why financial planning is important, self assessment, how to set and achieve financial goals, improve financial management practices.
• Wise use of credit, allowing participants to receive their credit report for free. Discussing credit danger signs, how credit reporting works, achieving a healthier credit score, solving common credit reporting errors and problems and how much credit is too much.
• Being a responsible consumer by discussing: bank products and services, household record keeping, predatory lending and practices and your financial health and net worth.
• Focus on the future by discussing: effective couponing and other money saving tips, why is insurance important, tax credits and deductions, celebrating your success and next steps towards financial fitness.
To register for upcoming financial fitness workshops contact Natalie Fisher at 356-0521 ext. 3213 or email her at nfisher@ pathfinderservices.org.
Upcoming workshops are Oct. 3, 10, 17 and 24, from 6 to 8:30 p.m., at Pathfinder Community Connections, 2824 Theater Ave., Huntington; and on Oct. 16, 23, 30 and Nov. 6 from 6 to 8:30 p.m. at Pathfinder Community Connections, 3326 South Calhoun St. Suite 102, in Fort Wayne.