- About Us
- Make an Announcement
- Special Sections
- Bridal Showcase
- Conservation Section
- Tri-County Spring Farm Edition
- Senior Living
- Spring Home & Garden Edition
- Summer Recreation Guide
- Health & Wellness Edition
- Antiques Directory
- Tri-County Fall Farm Edition
- Annual Restaurant Guide
- Fall Home Improvement Edition
- Fall Car Care Edition
- Holiday Shopping Preview
Red Cross announces December blood drives
Monday, November 19, 2012 7:51 AM
The American Red Cross of Huntington County announces upcoming blood drives in the month of December.
• Dec. 2, from 7:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. at SS Peter and Paul Catholic Church & School in the auditorium, located at 860 Cherry St., in Huntington.
• Dec. 2, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Walmart, located at 2800 Walmart Drive, in Huntington.
• Dec. 3, from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Parkview Huntington Hospital in the classrooms, located at 2001 Stults Rd., in Huntington.
• Dec. 5, from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. at St. Joseph Catholic Church in the lower level, located at 641 N. Main St., in Roanoke.
• Dec. 10, from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Evangelical United Methodist Church in the Main Hall, located at 1000 Flaxmill Rd., in Huntington.
Donors at this blood drive will receive an insulated tumbler.
Other donors who donate between Dec. 1 and 31 will be entered into a region-wide weekly drawing for a $250 gasoline gift card.
Call 800-733-2767 or visit redcrossblood.org to make an appointment or for more information.
A blood donor card or driver's license or two other forms of identification are required at check-in. Individuals who are 17 years of age (16 with parental permission in Indiana and Ohio), weigh at least 110 pounds and are in generally good health may be eligible to donate blood.
High school students and other donors 18 years of age and younger also have to meet certain height and weight requirements.