- About Us
- Make an Announcement
- Special Sections
- Bridal Showcase
- Conservation Section
- Tri-County Spring Farm Edition
- Senior Living
- Spring Home & Garden Edition
- Summer Recreation Guide
- Health & Wellness Edition
- Antiques Directory
- Tri-County Fall Farm Edition
- Annual Restaurant Guide
- Fall Home Improvement Edition
- Fall Car Care Edition
- Holiday Shopping Preview
Applications being taken for Decker Scholarship
Monday, December 17, 2012 7:35 AM
Huntington County HELP Inc. for Disabled Citizens is accepting applications for the John Decker Memorial Scholarship.
Decker was a former board member.
The applicant must be a resident of Huntington County, who is a graduating senior or enrolled in an accredited institution of higher learning.
Criteria for selection include:
• The applicant must have an IEP (Individualized Education Plan) during his or her years in school. A copy of the most recent IEP shall be included with the application. If unable to obtain a copy of the IEP, the applicant must obtain a letter from the director of special education services, in the school district where the IEP was established, identifying the student as having a qualifying disability.
• The student must be a client of Vocational Rehabilitation Services (VRS), a program of the Bureau of Rehabilitation Services (BRS). A written letter from the applicant's VRS counselor signifying the student's disability should be included with the application.
The student shall obtain documentation from his or her physician written in letter form to HELP Inc. scholarship committee, verifying the presence of a disability and identifying the conditions that qualify the student as eligible for a HELP Inc. scholarship as a student with a disability.
Applications are available at Bippus State Bank and the deadline is March 15, 2013.