- About Us
- Make an Announcement
- Special Sections
- Bridal Showcase
- Conservation Section
- Tri-County Spring Farm Edition
- Senior Living
- Spring Home & Garden Edition
- Summer Recreation Guide
- Health & Wellness Edition
- Antiques Directory
- Tri-County Fall Farm Edition
- Annual Restaurant Guide
- Fall Home Improvement Edition
- Fall Car Care Edition
- Holiday Shopping Preview
Salvation Army in midst of biggest fund-raisers
Monday, December 17, 2012 7:36 AM
The Salvation Army of Huntington County has been in the midst of its biggest fund-raising efforts of the year.
Between the collection kettles and mail appeal efforts the organization has raised $39,422.02, which is approximately 40 percent of its goal of $100,000.
Donations will continue to be accepted through Dec. 31.
"It is overwhelming to see the generosity of those who have given already, we appreciate their support of the work we are doing at The Salvation Army", says Capt. Barbara McCauley. "We've had more groups and individuals setup to volunteer at our kettles locations which helps to keep overhead costs down."
The Salvation Army's fund-raising efforts extend past Christmas to help provide much needed services to community. These services include utilities, rent/mortgage, food pantry and shelter, as well as other services.
The organization is always seeking partnership opportunities including:
• Volunteers to help man the kettles through this time.
• Sponsors who will adopt and/or sponsor families for Christmas.
• Individuals and business to help collect toys and food.
For more information, contact Capt. Barbara McCauley at 356-3485.