- About Us
- Make an Announcement
- Special Sections
- Bridal Showcase
- Conservation Section
- Tri-County Spring Farm Edition
- Senior Living
- Spring Home & Garden Edition
- Summer Recreation Guide
- Health & Wellness Edition
- Antiques Directory
- Tri-County Fall Farm Edition
- Annual Restaurant Guide
- Fall Home Improvement Edition
- Fall Car Care Edition
- Holiday Shopping Preview
Scholarships now available for HC 4-H members
Thursday, December 20, 2012 7:35 AM
Huntington County 4-H members looking for financial assistance with upcoming post-high school educational efforts are encouraged to apply for state 4-H scholarships.
Available scholarships include:
• Indiana 4-H Foundation Senior Year Scholarship - 4-Hers who are currently high school seniors may apply for a scholarship of a minimum $250.
These funds can be used towards any post high school training or degree of study and does not have to be in Indiana.
• Indiana 4-H Club Scholarship - High school seniors planning to attend Purdue University, West Lafayette campus, and studying a degree program in the college of agriculture or health and human services may apply.
This scholarship is based on financial need, along with scholastic ability and achievement in 4-H club work and covers a large portion of tuition fees.
• Indiana 4-H Youth Accomplishment Resume - 4-H members who are in the 10th grade or older may apply for a minimum $500 scholarship.
Application is based upon a cover letter and resumé, which outlines the skills and knowledge gained through the 4-H program at the local, area and state level.
These three scholarship opportunities each have an application deadline of Jan. 15. Eligible 4-H members must submit their application paperwork to the Purdue Extension-Huntington County office.
More information and scholarship applications are available at www.fourh.purdue.edu/ind_4h/schol arships.cfm#.
Additional scholarships available to 4-H members include:
• Indiana Horse Council Education ($500), due Feb. 1. Information is available at www.indianahorsecoun cil.org.
Applicants do not have to be a 4-H member to apply for this scholarship opportunity.
• Farm Credit Services of Mid-America ($1,000 and $1,500), due March 1. Information is available at www.e-farmcredit.com.
For more information, contact Julia Miller via e-mail at jwickert @purdue.edu or by calling 358-4826.
The Purdue Extension - Huntington County office is located in the County Courthouse Annex Building, 354 N. Jefferson St., Suite 202, Huntington.