- About Us
- Make an Announcement
- Special Sections
- Bridal Showcase
- Conservation Section
- Tri-County Spring Farm Edition
- Senior Living
- Spring Home & Garden Edition
- Summer Recreation Guide
- Health & Wellness Edition
- Antiques Directory
- Tri-County Fall Farm Edition
- Annual Restaurant Guide
- Fall Home Improvement Edition
- Fall Car Care Edition
- Holiday Shopping Preview
Set coming blood drives
Monday, January 14, 2013 7:45 AM
January is National Blood Donor Month, a time when the American Red Cross recognizes blood and platelet donors across the United States for helping to ensure a stable blood supply for patients in need both locally and across the country.
All blood types are needed to ensure an adequate blood supply. Donors with type O negative, O positive, A negative or B negative blood are especially encouraged to give.
Local upcoming blood donation opportunities are:
• Jan. 24, from 8:30 a.m. until 11 a.m. at Pathfinder Services, located at 1152 E. State St. in Huntington. Call 356-0500 to schedule a blood donation appointment.
• Jan. 27, from 7:15 a.m. until 12:15 p.m. at SS Peter and Paul Catholic Church & School in the Auditorium, 860 Cherry St. in Huntington.
• Jan. 30, from 2:30 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. at Roanoke Elementary School in the gymnasium, 423 W. Vine St. in Roanoke.
To donate blood call 800-733-2767 or visit redcrossblood.org to make an appointment.
A blood donor card or driver's license or two other forms of identification are required at check-in.
Donors 18 and under have to meet certain height and weight requirements.