- About Us
- Make an Announcement
- Special Sections
- Bridal Showcase
- Conservation Section
- Tri-County Spring Farm Edition
- Senior Living
- Spring Home & Garden Edition
- Summer Recreation Guide
- Health & Wellness Edition
- Antiques Directory
- Tri-County Fall Farm Edition
- Annual Restaurant Guide
- Fall Home Improvement Edition
- Fall Car Care Edition
- Holiday Shopping Preview
Church and school to host Red Cross blood drives
Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:24 AM
The American Red Cross of Huntington County announces two upcoming blood drives in the month of February.
• On Feb. 11, from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m., a blood drive will be held at Evangelical United Methodist Church in the main hall.
The church is located at 1000 Flaxmill Rd., Huntington.
• A blood drive will be held on Feb. 15, from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Andrews Elementary School, in the gymnasium.
This is a "Pint Size Heroes" blood drive.
The school is located at 509 E. Jefferson St., Andrews.
This February, donors will be entered into a region-wide drawing to win the following package:
• Two VIP tickets to the NCAA Sweet 16 and Elite 8 Midwest Regional games at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis (March 29 and March 31). VIP tickets include early admission to the stadium, food, drink tickets and the chance to meet an NCAA legend.
• A deluxe corner room at the new J.W. Marriott in Indianapolis for two nights (March 29 and March 30).
• A $250 Visa gift card to be used for other expenses such as meals, gas or parking or souvenirs.
To schedule an appointment to donate call 800-733-2767 or visit redcross blood.org for more information. Individuals who are 17 years of age (16 with parental permission in some states), meet weight and height requirements (110 pounds or more, depending on their height) and are in generally good health may be eligible to donate blood.
Individuals must bring their Red Cross blood donor card or other form of positive ID when they come to donate.