- About Us
- Make an Announcement
- Special Sections
- Bridal Showcase
- Conservation Section
- Tri-County Spring Farm Edition
- Senior Living
- Spring Home & Garden Edition
- Summer Recreation Guide
- Health & Wellness Edition
- Antiques Directory
- Tri-County Fall Farm Edition
- Annual Restaurant Guide
- Fall Home Improvement Edition
- Fall Car Care Edition
- Holiday Shopping Preview
Red Cross sets blood drives
Sunday, February 3, 2013 10:31 AM
The American Red Cross of Huntington County announces upcoming blood drives in the month of February.
• On Feb. 18, Miller's Merry Manor will host a blood drive, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., in its conference room. Miller's Merry Manor is located at 1500 Grant St., Huntington.
• A blood drive will be held at Huntington University on Feb. 20, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., in the dining hall, 2303 College Ave.
To schedule a donation appointment, visit red crossblood.org and enter the sponsor code "HU." Donors will be entered into a drawing for a $50 shopping spree.
• Parkview Huntington YMCA will hold a blood drive on
Feb. 26, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., in the fitness room.
Donors will be entered into a drawing for a free three-month YMCA membership. To schedule an appointment, visit redcross blood.org and enter the sponsor code "ymcahunt."
The ‘Y' is located at 1160W-500N, Huntington.
• On Feb. 27, the Knight-Bergman Center in Warren will host a blood drive from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
The center is located at 132 S. Nancy St., Warren.
Additionally, all those who donate during the month of February will be entered in a region-wide drawing for a package consisting of:
• Two VIP tickets to the NCAA Sweet 16 and Elite 8 Midwest Regional games at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis (March 29 and March 31). VIP tickets include early admission to the stadium, food, drink tickets and the chance to meet an NCAA legend.
• A deluxe corner room at the new J.W. Marriott in Indianapolis for two nights (March 29 and March 30).
To schedule an appointment to donate call 800-733-2767 or visit redcrossblood.org for more information.
Individuals who are 17 years of age (16 with parental permission in Indiana and Ohio), meet weight and height requirements (110 pounds or more, depending on their height) and are in generally good health may be eligible to donate blood.
Individuals should bring their Red Cross blood donor card or other form of positive ID when they come to donate.