- About Us
- Make an Announcement
- Special Sections
- Bridal Showcase
- Conservation Section
- Tri-County Spring Farm Edition
- Senior Living
- Spring Home & Garden Edition
- Summer Recreation Guide
- Health & Wellness Edition
- Antiques Directory
- Tri-County Fall Farm Edition
- Annual Restaurant Guide
- Fall Home Improvement Edition
- Fall Car Care Edition
- Holiday Shopping Preview
Roanoke Chamber has scholarships for seniors from Jackson Township
Monday, April 1, 2013 7:25 AM
The Roanoke Chamber of Commerce announces that applications are now available for graduating students to apply for a $500 scholarship.
The chamber established the $500 scholarship for high school students who live in Jackson Township in Huntington County.
To qualify for the scholarship, the applicant must be a high school senior and live in Jackson Township of Huntington County.
Applications can be picked up at Bippus State Bank branches or downloaded from www.discoverroanoke.org.
The application must be completed in full and sent to the Roanoke Chamber of Commerce Scholarship Selection Committee and must be postmarked by May 3.
Included with the application should be:
• A copy of the applicant's high school transcript indicating all grades earned in all high school courses, class ranking and the overall grade point average.
• Copies of SAT or ACT scores.
• Two letters of reference from adults not related to the applicant.
• A personal narrative from the applicant stating what their future plans are and why they should be considered for the scholarship (one page maximum length - may be typed).
The application should be completed in the applicant's own handwriting with a pen.
For more information, contact Rich Powers at 341-7989.