- About Us
- Make an Announcement
- Special Sections
- Bridal Showcase
- Conservation Section
- Tri-County Spring Farm Edition
- Senior Living
- Spring Home & Garden Edition
- Summer Recreation Guide
- Health & Wellness Edition
- Antiques Directory
- Tri-County Fall Farm Edition
- Annual Restaurant Guide
- Fall Home Improvement Edition
- Fall Car Care Edition
- Holiday Shopping Preview
Local students present papers at HU Academic Research Forum
Thursday, April 18, 2013 7:42 AM
The 2013 Academic Research Forum was held on April 10 at Huntington University.
The purpose of the forum is to highlight and celebrate student learning and scholarship.
Department chairs nominated students from their departments to present at the forum.
Local presenters included:
• Alex Hoffman, a senior computer science, accounting and philosophy major from Huntington, presented on "Mythical Creatures and the Problems They Cause for the Philosophy of Language" from the area of Philosophy.
• Ann Savariar, a senior chemistry major from Huntington, presented on "The Synthesis of 2,3-dihydroxy-3-phenylprop-anoic acids" from the area of chemistry.
• Zen Hess, a senior Bible and Religion-Biblical Studies major from Andrews presented on "A Theological Aesthetic: Beauty's Place in Western Christianity" from the area of Bible and Religion.