- About Us
- Make an Announcement
- Special Sections
- Bridal Showcase
- Conservation Section
- Tri-County Spring Farm Edition
- Senior Living
- Spring Home & Garden Edition
- Summer Recreation Guide
- Health & Wellness Edition
- Antiques Directory
- Tri-County Fall Farm Edition
- Annual Restaurant Guide
- Fall Home Improvement Edition
- Fall Car Care Edition
- Holiday Shopping Preview
Red Cross announces local May blood drives
Monday, May 6, 2013 7:34 AM
The American Red Cross of Huntington County announces three upcoming blood drives in the month of May.
• May 18 - from 8 a.m. to noon, a blood drive will be held at the Huntington Church of the Nazarene, in the gymnasium. The church is located at 1555 Flaxmill Rd.
• May 29 - Pathfinder Services Inc will host a blood drive, from 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Donors will receive an insulated black Red Cross tote bag. Pathfinder Services is located at 1152 E. State St., Huntington.
• May 29 - St. Joseph Catholic Church will also host a blood drive, from 2 to 7 p.m. Donors will also receive a tote bag. The church is located at 641 N. Main St., Roanoke.
To schedule an appointment to donate call 800-733-2767 or visit redcross blood.org for more information.
Individuals who are 17 years of age (16 with parental permission in Indiana and Ohio), meet weight and height requirements (110 pounds or more, depending on their height) and are in generally good health may be eligible to donate blood.
A Red Cross blood donor card or other form of positive ID is required before donating.