- About Us
- Make an Announcement
- Special Sections
- Bridal Showcase
- Conservation Section
- Tri-County Spring Farm Edition
- Senior Living
- Spring Home & Garden Edition
- Summer Recreation Guide
- Health & Wellness Edition
- Antiques Directory
- Tri-County Fall Farm Edition
- Annual Restaurant Guide
- Fall Home Improvement Edition
- Fall Car Care Edition
- Holiday Shopping Preview
Eight Victory Noll sisters mark milestones
Thursday, June 6, 2013 8:42 AM
Eight members of Our Lady of Victory Missionary Sisters celebrated jubilees this year.
Seven of the sisters were honored with a special Mass on May 24 at Archbishop Noll Memorial Chapel at Victory Noll.
The eighth will be honored later this summer.
• Sister Carlota Baca is 104 years old and joined OLVM on Oct. 28, 1928.
She was born in Peña Blanca, NM, and served in New Mexico, California, Texas and Arizona doing religious instruction and pastoral ministry.
• Sister Mary Joan Ginsterblum, born in Meyer, IA, entered OLVM on Jan. 25, 1939.
She has served in California, Indiana, Colorado, Arizona and Utah, doing religious instruction, physical therapy, woodcarving and hair care.
• Sister Justine Kiefer is a Chicago, IL, native who joined OLVM on Aug. 31, 1938.
She has served in Michigan, California, Indiana, Colorado and Texas, doing religious teaching, on leadership teams, as formation director, tutor and secretarial work.
• Sister Mary Frances Bartsch was born in Subiaco, AR, and entered OLVM on Oct. 28, 1943.
She has served in California, Texas, Arizona, Colorado and Wyoming, doing religious instruction and group work.
• Born in Jackson, MI, Sister Kathleen Cummings entered OLVM on Jan. 6, 1953.
She has served in California, Utah and Indiana, doing religious instruction, as a leadership team general treasurer, executive trustee of Community Support Trust and computer technology.
• Sister Regina Marie Morrissey, was born in Jackson, MI, and entered OLVM on Sept. 6, 1953.
She has served in Missouri, Ohio, Texas, Indiana and New Jersey, doing religious instruction, liturgy, as a pastoral associate and director of religious education.
• A native of Baltimore, MD, Sister Christopher Rudell entered OLVM on Sept. 6, 1953.
She has served in Massachusetts, California, Michigan, Oklahoma, Indiana, Arizona, Texas and Florida, doing religious instruction, teacher formation, maintenance and laundry, nursing and secretarial work.
• The 50th jubilee celebration for Sister Helen Rodriguez-Marin will be held Aug. 5 at Victory Noll.
Born in Needles, CA, she joined the order on Sept. 9, 1963. She has served in California, Colorado, Texas, Arizona and Illinois. She has worked in catechetical area, social action and social service referrals, adult education and as an ESL instructor and director of religious education.
Complete caption: Celebrating various year jubilees at Oor Lady of Victory Missionary Sisters this year are (top row from left) Sister Carolota Baca, Sister Mary Joan Ginsterblum, Sister Justine Kiefer, Sister Mary Frances Bartsch and (bottom row from left) Sister Kathleen Cummings, Sister Regiina Marie Morrissey, sister Christopher Rudell and Sister Helen Rodriguez-Marin.