- About Us
- Make an Announcement
- Special Sections
- Bridal Showcase
- Conservation Section
- Tri-County Spring Farm Edition
- Senior Living
- Spring Home & Garden Edition
- Summer Recreation Guide
- Health & Wellness Edition
- Antiques Directory
- Tri-County Fall Farm Edition
- Annual Restaurant Guide
- Fall Home Improvement Edition
- Fall Car Care Edition
- Holiday Shopping Preview
Local Red Cross announces several July blood drives
Monday, June 24, 2013 7:40 AM
The American Red Cross of Huntington County announces upcoming blood drives in the month of July.
• Wednesday, July 3, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Walmart. Donors will be entered into a drawing for the chance to win two tickets to Cedar Point for 2013 and receive an American Red Cross baseball hat while supplies last.
Walmart is located at 2800 Walmart Drive, in Huntington.
• A blood drive will be held at Evangelical United Methodist Church, in the main room, on July 8 from 1 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. The church is located at 1000 Flaxmill Rd., Huntington.
• On July 9, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., a blood drive will be held at the YMCA in the fitness room. The ‘Y' is located at 1160W-500N, Huntington.
• A blood drive will be held on July 13, from 8 a.m. to noon, at Central Christian Church, in the Family Life Center. The church is located at 500 MacGahan St., Huntington.
To schedule an appointment to donate call 800-733-2767 or visit redcross blood.org for more information.
Individuals who are 17 years of age (16 with parental permission in Indiana and Ohio), meet weight and height requirements (110 pounds or more, depending on their height) and are in generally good health may be eligible to donate blood.
A Red Cross blood donor card or other form of positive ID is required before donating blood.