- About Us
- Make an Announcement
- Special Sections
- Bridal Showcase
- Conservation Section
- Tri-County Spring Farm Edition
- Senior Living
- Spring Home & Garden Edition
- Summer Recreation Guide
- Health & Wellness Edition
- Antiques Directory
- Tri-County Fall Farm Edition
- Annual Restaurant Guide
- Fall Home Improvement Edition
- Fall Car Care Edition
- Holiday Shopping Preview
Trio of local representatives on NEIRP study trip to Cincinnati,OH
Thursday, June 27, 2013 7:44 AM
Three Huntington County representatives were among more than 50 area leaders to take part in the Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership study trip to Cincinnati, OH, June 5-6.
Local participants were Leon Hurlburt, Huntington County commissioner; Darlene Stanley, president of Johnson Junction; and Mark Wickersham, executive director of the Huntington County Economic Development Corporation.
The visitors spent the time learning from leaders in the Cincinnati area who have collaborated to improve the economy of the Cincinnati and northern Kentucky region.
Some of the key ideas the group brought back to northern Indiana are:
• Develop trust-based relationships so that the public, private and philanthropic sectors can work together to achieve economic growth.
• Develop a common agenda, shared measurements, mutually reinforcing activities, continuous communications and support throughout the region.
• Develop a common voice and consistent message for the region.
The Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership includes 10 counties, including Huntington County, in northeast Indiana working together to build a globally competitive economy.