- About Us
- Make an Announcement
- Special Sections
- Bridal Showcase
- Conservation Section
- Tri-County Spring Farm Edition
- Senior Living
- Spring Home & Garden Edition
- Summer Recreation Guide
- Health & Wellness Edition
- Antiques Directory
- Tri-County Fall Farm Edition
- Annual Restaurant Guide
- Fall Home Improvement Edition
- Fall Car Care Edition
- Holiday Shopping Preview
Red Cross announces pair of Sept. blood drives
Monday, September 9, 2013 7:50 AM
The American Red Cross of Huntington County announces upcoming blood drives.
• Sept. 18, from 2 to 7 p.m., a blood drive will be held at the American Legion 160, in Roanoke, in the main room. The Legion is located at 1122 N. Main St., Roanoke.
• From 7:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. on Sept. 22, a blood drive will be held at SS Peter and Paul Catholic Church and School. The church is located at 860 Cherry St., Huntington.
To register for a blood drive, call 800-733-2767 or visit redcrossblood.org.
All blood types are needed to ensure a reliable supply for patients.
A blood donor card or driver's license or two other forms of identification are required at check-in. Individuals who are 17 years of age (16 with parental consent in some states), weigh at least 110 pounds and are in generally good health may be eligible to donate blood.
High school students and other donors 18 years of age and younger also have to meet certain height and weight requirements.