- About Us
- Make an Announcement
- Special Sections
- Bridal Showcase
- Conservation Section
- Tri-County Spring Farm Edition
- Senior Living
- Spring Home & Garden Edition
- Summer Recreation Guide
- Health & Wellness Edition
- Antiques Directory
- Tri-County Fall Farm Edition
- Annual Restaurant Guide
- Fall Home Improvement Edition
- Fall Car Care Edition
- Holiday Shopping Preview
Campers at Salamonie will celebrate fall Oct. 11-13
Thursday, September 12, 2013 7:36 AM
The public is invited to celebrate fall at Salamonie Lake with hayrides, campsite decorating and other programs, Oct. 11 to 13.
Campers are encouraged to set up camp Friday night and begin decorating for the campsite contest at the modern campground.
Saturday's events include:
• 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. - Campsite decorating.
• 1 to 2 p.m. - A program on bats at the interpretive center.
• 3 to 4 p.m. - A program on pumpkin folklore, historical uses and recipes at the amphitheatre.
• 5 p.m. - Campsite judging (need not be present to win).
• 5 to 8 p.m. - Hayrides at the amphitheater; rides leave every half hour.
• 5 to 6 p.m. - Bonfire and campground supper with hot dogs, soup and smores at the amphitheater. Donations accepted.
• 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. - Campground trick or treating.
• 8:30 p.m. - Campsite decoration awards delivered to campsites.
• 9 p.m. - Spooky movie at the amphitheater.
Camping reservations can be made at camp.IN.gov or at 866-622-6746.
The standard admission fee per vehicle will be in effect.
Salamonie Lake is located at 9214 W. Lost Bridge West, Andrews.