- About Us
- Make an Announcement
- Special Sections
- Bridal Showcase
- Conservation Section
- Tri-County Spring Farm Edition
- Senior Living
- Spring Home & Garden Edition
- Summer Recreation Guide
- Health & Wellness Edition
- Antiques Directory
- Tri-County Fall Farm Edition
- Annual Restaurant Guide
- Fall Home Improvement Edition
- Fall Car Care Edition
- Holiday Shopping Preview
Red Cross announces two blood drives in early October
Monday, September 16, 2013 7:48 AM
The Huntington County American Red Cross announces two upcoming blood drives. They are:
• Monday, Oct. 7, from 2 p.m. until 7 p.m. at the Evangelical United Methodist Church in the Main Room, located at 1000 Flaxmill Road in Huntington.
• Wednesday, Oct. 9, from 8:30 a.m. until 11 a.m. at Pathfinder Services, located at 1152 E. State St. in Huntington.
To donate blood call 800-733-2767 or visit red crossblood.org to make an appointment or for more information.
All blood types are needed to ensure a reliable supply for patients.
A blood donor card or driver's license or two other forms of identification are required at check-in.
Individuals who are 17 years of age (16 with parental consent in some states), weigh at least 110 pounds and are in generally good health may be eligible to donate blood.
High school students and other donors 18 years of age and younger also have to meet certain height and weight requirements.