There are numerous events around Huntington this summer to enjoy.
• Yoga in the park will be held from 6 – 7 p.m. each Tuesday in June at Memorial Park. Call 358-2323, X2502 for more information.
• Music in the City is a free show on the second Saturday of the month May through September from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. at the Huntington Courthouse with the next one being June 11.
• Toddler Tuesday has sensory bins throughout Hier’s Park for kids to explore from 10 – 11 p.m. on June 11.
• Huntington Heritage Days will be June 11 – 19 lasting all day. This year’s theme is “Huntington University at 125 years” and the events include a carnival, two car shows, strawberry feed, brat tent, duck race, a parade Saturday 10 a.m., hot air balloon (weather permitting), and kid zones.
• Walk a mile Wednesday is at 8 a.m. every Wednesday of June, where you can walk at a different city park or trail. The beginning location for June 22 is the Forks of the Wabash.
• Salamonie Summer Festival takes place from July 1 – 4 lasting all day. This year’s theme is “Homemade Happiness” offering free concerts, a parade, flea market, games, contests, sporting events, kid activities, fireworks and more.
• Art in the Park will begin July 21 at 6:30 p.m. at Elmwood Park and continue the fourth Thursday of every month until September 22.
• Huntington County 4-H Fair will take place July 23 – 28 all day at Hier’s Park.
• Huntington Tails & Trails will take place Saturday August 6 from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. at Evergreen Park. There will be a 5k for humans and a Doggie 3K for dogs and their owners with a fee of $20 in advance or $30 the day of. There will also be food trucks, market shops, silent auctions, and dog demonstrations.
For more information go to the Huntington events calendar at hunting-ton.in.us.