The American Red Cross of Huntington County announces upcoming blood drives in the month of July.
• July 3 - The blood drive will be held at the Huntington Walmart, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Donors will receive an American Red Cross water bottle. Visit redcross.org and enter sponsor code "wmarthunt" to schedule a donation appointment.
Walmart is located at 2800 Walmart Drive.
• July 3 - A blood drive will also be held in the fitness room at Parkview Huntington Family YMCA, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Donors will be entered into a drawing for the chance to win a three-month YMCA membership. Visit redcross.org and enter sponsor code "ym cathunt" to schedule your donation appointment.
The YMCA is located at 1160W-500N, Huntington.
• July 7 - Central Christian Church will host a blood drive in the main room of the church, from 8 a.m. to noon. The blood drive is co-sponsored by Northview Church of Christ.
The church is located at 500 MacGahan St., Huntington.
• July 9 - Evangelical United Methodist Church will host a blood drive from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. Visit redcross.org and enter sponsor code "evanumc" to schedule your donation appointment.
The church is located at 1000 Flaxmill Rd., Huntington.
• July 15 - A blood drive will be held at SS Peter and Paul Catholic Church, from 7:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Donors will receive a T-shirt.
The church is located at 860 Cherry St., Huntington.
To schedule an appointment to donate please call 800-733-2767 or visit red crossblood.org for more information.
Individuals who are 17 years of age (16 with parental permission in Indiana and Ohio), meet weight and height requirements (110 pounds or more, depending on their height) and are in generally good health may be eligible to donate blood.
A Red Cross blood donor card or other form of positive ID is required before donation.