LaFontaine Golf Club and Norwood Golf Club will host fund-raisers for the United Way of Huntington County on Saturday, Aug. 31.
Golfers who play through the second hole at LaFontaine and third hole at Norwood, during 8 a.m. and noon, will have the option to assist in this year's "Be The One" United Way campaign.
They could earn prizes in a number of different ways:
• A $10 donation earns the donor a 10 percent discount on merchandise at the Norwood pro shop on Saturday, Aug. 31 only. The 10 percent discount will also be honored at Lafontaine through Dec. 31.
• A $20 donation earns a 20 percent pro shop discount on Aug. 31 only at Norwood and a 20 percent shop discount through Dec. 31 at LaFontaine.
• If the golfer's tee shot stays on the green, he or she will win an immediate prize to be selected at the tee.
• A closest to the pin contest will be held at each course with the winner at LaFontaine earning an Odyssey White hot putter and the winner at Norwood a golf bag.
• If the golfer misses the green, he or she will receive a coupon for a bucket of range balls.
First Federal Savings Bank is the hole sponsor for the day.
Prize sponsors include Norwood golf Club, LaFontaine Golf Club, Teachers Credit Union, Miami Tool & Die and United Way United Huntington County.
All proceeds from each golf fundraiser will go toward the United Way of Huntington County 2013 campaign.