- About Us
- Make an Announcement
- Special Sections
- Bridal Showcase
- Conservation Section
- Tri-County Spring Farm Edition
- Senior Living
- Spring Home & Garden Edition
- Summer Recreation Guide
- Health & Wellness Edition
- Antiques Directory
- Tri-County Fall Farm Edition
- Annual Restaurant Guide
- Fall Home Improvement Edition
- Fall Car Care Edition
- Holiday Shopping Preview
Zanesville Homespun Day is Saturday, Sept. 1
Monday, August 27, 2012 8:39 AM
The 30th annual Zanesville Homespun Day will be held Saturday, Sept. 1.
Dave Jones, chairman of the festival, says, "This is a nice time for Zanesville to have people come back to town and visit with neighbors and friends."
He says there have been some changes to the festival this year.
"We reinstituted the parade ... it will be nice to have more of a drawing that way.
"We added a pet contest that will have prizes. We always do the bike rodeo, and the music concert is new featuring the ‘2 To Go' group and the arts and crafts show is going to feature the steamboat exhibit this year," he continues.
Jones says he and other committee members are hoping to build the festival back up.
"It was nice this year to have more people volunteer to be on the committee. It has given us new blood. It is a way to boost the enthusiasm, to have something nicer and better for Homespun Day."
He is optimistic that the growth of the festival will continue in the years to come.
"As long as we have people willing to head up the committees we are willing to add new things. If you would like to sponsor something or have another activity we will fit it in the schedule. We just need someone to run it," he says.
As surrounding communities have had to cancel or significantly scale back their festivals this year, Jones says, "We are lucky," of Zanesville's growth this year.
The events for this year are as follows:
• 7 a.m. to 10 a.m., sausage and pancake Breakfast, at Zanesville United Methodist Church.
• 7 a.m. to 3 p.m., Arts and Craft Show and Sale, featuring the Indiana Historical Society Steamboat Exhibit, at Zanesville United Methodist Church.
• 8:30 a.m. to noon, registration for car show, in the parking lot at Zanesville United Methodist Church.
• 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., model car contest, at Zanesville United Methodist Church.
• 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Upward Flag Football, at Zanesville United Methodist Church.
• 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., booths open at parking lot of Zanesville United Methodist Church and at the Lions Building on VanHorn Street.
• 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Church of God Brat and Bake Sale, at the Church of God.
• 9:15 to 9:45 a.m., parade line-up at Stoney Brook.
• 10 a.m., parade starts.
• 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., chicken barbecue, at Lions Club Ball Park.
• 11 a.m., pet contest, lower level of Zanesville United Methodist Church.
• Noon, bike rodeo, lower level of Zanesville United Methodist Church.
• 1 p.m., concert featuring "2 To Go", lower level of Zanesville United Methodist Church.
• 2 p.m., Lions Club Car Show awards, parking lot of Zanesville United Methodist Church.
• All day, softball tourney, at Lions' Ball Park.
• All day, horse drawn wagon rides, lower level of Zanesville United Methodist Church.
Zanesville is located on Indianapolis and Marzane Roads, three miles south of I-469, seven miles north of Markle.