The American Legion Post No. 160 is still looking for parties interested in being a part of the 67th annual Fall Festival Parade in Roanoke on Saturday, Sept. 11, at 3 p.m. There will be several competition categories. Every parade entry must be registered with the American Legion Post in order to be in the parade. Forms must be returned to the Post by Saturday, Aug. 28.
Forms may be returned to the Post at 1122 N. Main St., Box 331, Roanoke, IN 46783. The Post phone number is 672-2298. Registration will be at the St. Joseph’s Catholic Church parking lot. Line-up begins at 2 p.m.
Awards will take place following the parade at the American Legion Post.
Categories for awards include:
• Commander’s Trophy - first place.
• Overall Trophy - first place.
• Men’s color guard - first and second place.
• Floats - first and second place.
• Antique vehicle - first and second place.
• Motorized vehicle - first and second place.
• Most unusual - first place.
• Clowns - first place.
• Horses - first place.