The Huntington North High School (HNHS) volleyball team earned several wins recently, two of which took place at the League of Legends Tournament on Saturday, Sept. 4, at North Side High School.
First was a win against Canterbury High School, in which the Lady Vikings won in just two sets. Set 1 ended 25-20 and Set 2 ended 25-10.
The HNHS vs. Wayne High School also ended in two sets, with HNHS topping Wayne 25-10 and 25-6.
The HNHS vs. Southwood High School game went to three sets, with HNHS coming out strong in Set 1 with a 25-20 win. Sets 2 and 3, however, were in Southwood’s favor, ending 15-25 and 7-15.
Leading stat totals for HNHS that day were as follows:
• Maisyn Robrock with 23 kills and four aces.
• Renee Greving with 49 assists and one ace.
• Emma Holzinger with 30 digs and one ace.
• Audrie Bowman with five aces.
• Ainsley Kiefer, Kendal Kline and Avery Drabenstot with one block each.
The next win came on Tuesday, Sept. 7, when HNHS hosted Snider High School and earned a comeback win in five sets.
Each of the first four Sets were close, with HNHS going 25-20 for Set 1, 22-25 and 21-25 for Sets 2 and 3, and 26-24 for Set 4. The Lady Vikes finally set the record straight with a 15-5 win for Set 5.
Stat leaders for the Snider game were:
• Robrock and Holzinger with 10 kills.
• Kline with 15 digs.
• Greving with 29 assists.
• Robrock, Mya Plemons and Drabenstot with one block each.
• Bowman with five aces.
The junior varsity team also earned wins over Snider, going 25-11 in Set 1 and 25-16 in Set 2. The freshman team lost 18-25 and 16-25.